Your privacy is important to us, we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected at all times. BRS complies with the Personal Data Protection Ordinance (PDPO) as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality. BRS is required to seek your consent on the use of your personal data kept in our database for job search.
By accessing our websites and/or submitting your personal information to us through any means including third party job boards and websites, you consent to the use and disclosure of your information as set out in the Policy.
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is our usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. The type of personal information we collect will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
• Contact information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, telephone number, address);
• Identity information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, and government-issued identification);
• Professional information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications (e.g. references, resumes, qualification documents);
• Other individuals’ information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employers and referees); and
• Immigration information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, this may limit our ability to provide services to you.
BRS collects, uses and discloses your personal information in order to enable us to perform our business activities and operate our business functions. This includes;
• Assisting you in finding or retaining work;
• Developing tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
• Helping in work rehabilitation or career transition;
• Assisting clients identify suitable candidates and/or contractors;
BRS may use and may disclose your personal information to third parties (located onshore or overseas) for the purposes it was collected
• Prospective employers;
• Your nominated referees;
• Any law enforcement body, including the police; and
• Any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
• BRS uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
• locks and security systems;
• computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
• virus checking;
• auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
• recording of file movements;
• security classification to identify data needing special protection;
• Uses CMDS to destroy the confidential materials;
• The existence of specific legal obligations that make the processing and related storage necessary for specific period of times.
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others.
If you have a privacy related complaint, you may contact the Privacy Officer at [email protected] Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law. Following receipt of your complaint, the Privacy Officer will consider your complaint and advise you of their determination and/or request further details.